CPoker is a 5-cards-draw poker game against the computer.
By starting the animation screen you can select the number of turns you want to play with the UP and DOWN arrows, which will increase or decrease the default value of 20 turns.
The winner of the game is the one who wins the majority of all possible turns, that's all.
Cpoker is a 5-cards-draw poker game written in C with the SDL2 library.
One turn is done in 6 steps:
- 5 cards are distributed to the player and the computer.
- Throw the cards you don't want to keep.
- The computer throws the cards he doesn't want to keep.
- New cards are distributed to everyone replacing the thrown cards.
- Determination of the turn winner.
NOTE:Once all of your cards returned, you can press the Show Cards button revealing the cards of the computer in an animation.
You are free to take a look at your new cards wenn you want.
After that, you can press the Update score button determining the turn winner and updating the displayed score.
- Gathering of the cards and remix the cards stack before being ready to distribute new cards for a new turn.
NOTE:You'll find the hierarchy of the different cards combinations significant in CPoker by Windows systems at installation by reading the notice, else in the folder/usr/share/CPoker/README/.
With Cpoker, cards selection algorithm thrown by the computer and so the computer strategy is implemented like his creator play poker.
So it's as if you play Poker against me !!!
I have implemented this game with respect of the player in sens that the computer never know what you get in hand for cards,
although the cards are presented returned to you, in any event before the cards combination comparaison.
And the the computer doesn't not know which cards will come from the cards stack to cash it on to win.
I take care for:
- Implementing a good cards mixing algorithm before every turn.
- Respect the order from the cards distribution animation, which inverse at every turn.
- A correct cards managing of thrown cards. And resetting it in the card game at turn end before mixing and redistributing.
Finally be sure that the game is fully fair with the player that you are. Like everybody should be in life.
The game is enough intuitive to take in hand and you can play as you which per example the possiblity to exchange your cards positions for a better overview of your hand.
I hope that you will have the same fun by playing like i had by programming the game and big adrenaline shoots...
Use gdebi (in preference) or dpkg to install the debian package !
sudo gdebi cpoker_1.0.1.deb # gdebi resolves dependencies. sudo dpkg -i cpoker_1.0.1.deb # dpkg doesn't resolves dependencies.
$ ./configure $ make $ make strip # Remove all unneeded symbols. $ sudo make install
Thank's to my beloved mother, my family and to the doctors.
Stay away from drugs: drugs destroy your brain and your life.